Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Color Workshop Essential Eyes Review

Recently I have wanted to find some great inexpensive matte eyeshadow. In my attempts to not spend a lot of $, I stopped by CVS last week (I had a $2 reward $s) and I picked up The Color Workshop Essential Eyes in Cool. It was only $3.99 and I had my $2 reward $ so it was pretty cheap and had a couple of matte shadows in it.

I didn't take a pic of the display but it had a Warm palette and a Cool palette. I am really bad at figuring out which one I am so I went with the colors that I liked more, the cool palette it was!

Onto the pics!



Sorry I dug into this before I took pics. I like the applicators that came with it and I actually used them too.

Here I used the top middle color all over lid, the center color on the crease, and the bottom middle on the outer V all over Too Faced Eye Shadow Insurance.
 Here I used the same color combo with ESI, but put NYX Jumbo Stick in Milk over ESI and the colors popped a bit more (FYI this is in a different light than the one above)

I felt the colors lasted a lot longer over Milk and they definitely popped a lot more. I'd say for $2 I can't complain.

I tried to find a website on The Color Workshop, but couldn't. I think this is the brand that puts out eyeshadow palettes around Christmas time.

Have you seen this at your CVS?

While I was trying to find this on the CVS website, I came across this: Wet n Wild Perfect Pair Eye Wand.


I wonder if this is any good. Or if it's new. Wet n Wild seems to be hitting it out of the park lately.

This one also looks pretty awesome: Wet N' Wild Idol Eyes Creme Shadow Pencil

I wonder how it compares to NYX Jumbo Pencils.

Have you ladies tried any of these or heard anything about them?

Thanks for looking!

No comments: