Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Sinful Colors System Challenge (Day 1)



I recently purchased Sinful Colors system (nail hardener, basecoat, nail color lacquer, and topcoat) from Walgreens and I thougth I would share my experience with you (i.e. if it really works).






**I did not purchase the top coat because I had Zoya's topcoat with me (I was staying at a friend's condo for the week and I was bored with my nailcolor, so I decided to stop by Walgreens and try this out since it is sooo cheap- $1.99 each!)**






I figured that the Zoya topcoat would work with Sinful Colors because it is Toluene, Formaldehyde, DBP & camphor free. Zoya is only Toluene, Formaldehyde, & DPB free. I thought i would give it a shot. Here are the results:



Right Hand:

Left Hand:


Sorry for the bad quality, I was in the bathroom during class. I believe that the color I used was Jasminejazz, but I really can't remember. This is 2 coats and I don't know why the 2 middle fingers on both hands look so different. I only used 2 coats on ever nail. I think it was the lighting.

Anyways...I used one coat of the Nail Hardener, one coat of the Basecoat, two coats of the nail color, and one coat of Zoya's topcoat called Armor.

The application was not very smooth. My first coat was very streaky and I did a very light coat. It was kinda hard to get in the corners of my nails as well. When I was finished with the two coats, the color looked very matte. So I applied the topcoat, which really gave it a nice shine.

So I will be reporting back to you every day until I take the color off. Hopefully this system will be a nice alternative to buying the Zoya Color Lock System (a steep $48 if purchased altogether).

Sinful Colors has an extreme variation of colors from vampy to everyday office. Check out some applications of it on nailgail search.

That's all for now. I will update with the name of the color soon.


No comments: