Thursday, September 17, 2009

L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Luminous Bronzer Self-Tanning Lotion: Streaky and Splotchy

I was given the chance to review L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Luminous Bronzer Self-Tanning Lotion.



see the shimmer?

I tried it out where I wear my watch.

before

after
see the shimmer on my skin?

Let me start out by saying that I really loved this product when I started using it. By the time I had stopped using it, I really dispised it. This is a product that is best used forever and maybe once a week, not what it recommends: 'Use daily until you have achieved the desired level of tan.'
Let's start where I liked the product. The shimmer that you see above stays even after showers. That could be a good thing or a bad thing. It goes on nicely and has a faint smell. It does claim that it is moisturizing, so I didn't use a moisturizer in addition to this, which might have been my problem.

It does dry quickly but that didn't help me not be streaky. Thankfully I was only streaky on my legs and not my chest or arms. When this did look good on me, I got a lot of compliments on how dark I was and I was really happy with what people were saying, but then it started to peel, like a regular tan! So I used it everyday on my neck, chest, and legs (my arms I did about once a week). Everywhere else besides my arms it peeled. Especially my neck and knees. I highly suggest once a week with regular lotion applied to avoid peeling and looking like this:

Gross huh? I will probably continue to use this on my legs just because I have very visible pores that seem to not show up as much when I use this.

Have you used this product? Did you have the same outcome as me?

No comments: