Friday, March 4, 2011

LUV BBW Club March Review

I don't know if you have heard of the LUV BBW Club, it's a card that you could have signed up for in December where you get some free items once a month, on the Thursday of your choice when you visit your local BBW store. This time it goes from January- May. From what I've heard, they might be redoing this or they might not.

The SA I asked didn't know and she said it was only in the Chicago region. Well, I read about this from G. at Nouveau Cheap, an amazing blog (and blogger) with great info on drugstore m/u, bath and beauty products, and much much more. Anyways, she lives in San Diego, so this must be happening in more areas than just Chicago. The SA also told me that corporate didn't tell their store that this was happening until after some ladies came in with the card and they didn't know what to do. This just proves that BBW doesn't communicate very well with their store, which you can read more about on their Facebook discussion here.

The SA also told me that if you have any kind of coupon, you can combine it with this. I can't find it on the web, but I got a mailer coupon for a FREE signature item with a $10 purchase. So I got the mini fragrace sprays in Secret Wonderland, Japanese Cherry Blossom, and a lotion in JCB these are all travel-size and they are 3 for $10. I picked up the new JCB in spring colors (?) and it is so cute! Take a look:
image source
I just LOVE IT!!

Anyways, this is what I got for the month of March with my Club Card:

I was able to pick 2 1.6oz candles valued at $3.50 each on sale now for $3 for $5. There are some better deals other months, IMO. Check out what G. got in January and what Money Saving Mom got in February. I really wish I went during Feb, I really could have used those a lot more than these. Whateves, it's free! There weren't too many to choose from. So I picked up Tropical Spice and Seaside Escape.

Tropical Spice is an exotic blend of cinnamon bark, spiced rum and Tahitian vanilla. I'm still really into winter scents, so even though you'd think this is a summery scent the rum is apparant and I think this could be a year-round scent.

Seaside Escape is blend of bright citrus, jasmine, and rum layered with hints of guava, rich vanilla, and musk. I can't detect the rum in this one as much TS, it's a lot more citrus-y.

Here is the break down for what I got:
JCB travel lotion....$3.34
JCB travel spray....$3.33
SW travel spray....$3.33
SCENTPORTABLE refill in Vanilla Coconut....$5.00
TS Mini Candle....$0 (w/club card)
SE Mini Candle....$0 (w/club card)
JCB Triple Moisture Body Cream...$0 (w/mailer coupon)
w/tax....total is $16.16!!
I saved $22.84!!! (if everything was full price)

I am going to try to make it in there for each April and May and will report back on what I get. Also I will keep an eye out to see if they are going to renew this club. But G always knows the scoop so make sure you follow her!

Were you able to sign up? If so, which scents did you choose?

I am not affiliated w/B&BW. I just wanted to share what I got :)

No comments: